Author Topic: BSA A10 colours  (Read 4192 times)

Offline livewiref9

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
BSA A10 colours
« on: October 25, 2009, 08:40:32 PM »
I am presently renovating a '59 BSA A10 Super Rocket. The tank chrome and red paint is ok but I need to repaint the mudguards. I am stuck as to what the actual colour red is ? Anyone know what the name or RAL number is or if there is an suitable aerosol colour available
Cheers
Tony

Offline Justin_Faithfull

• Advanced Member
  • ELEPHANTS - WHERE?
    • View Profile
Re: BSA A10 colours
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2009, 12:00:07 PM »
I am not sure if this is the correct red, but I believe it is a colour equivalent for one of the BSA reds.
'Vauxhall 230S'
You could contact Brian 'Polly' Palmer at Bri Tie Motorcycles, as I think he sells paint for BSA's and can probably be a lot more help.
Bri-Tie Motorcycles
Cwmsannan House
Llanfynydd, Carmarthen, Dyfed.
SA32 7TQ
Telephone 01558-668579
Great-Britain
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 12:01:43 PM by Justin_Faithfull »

Offline country boy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: BSA A10 colours
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2009, 10:03:57 PM »
The colour I used to paint the tank of my '59 super rocket a couple of years ago was VW Mars Red. however this was an aerosol cellulose
and I don't know if you can still buy cellulose paint.It was a pretty good match and good enough for me and why worry unless you are
after a "conkers" award !  It is said that in the fifties BSA would use a batch of their super rocket red and when the next batch was used it wasn't always exactly the same . no computer matching then  ! so if your red dosn't match your mates red you could still both be right.! Anyway, get out on the road and enjoy yourself .  regards.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 04:43:27 PM by country boy »