Author Topic: benelli wiring diagram  (Read 9453 times)

Offline middly

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
benelli wiring diagram
« on: April 08, 2006, 04:59:55 AM »
greetings all,was wondering if anyone has (or knows where i could get) a wiring diagram for a 1975 benelli 650 tornado.i do have an original workshop manuel (in italian and english) but it dosn't have a diagram,
regards all and happy riding ;D

Offline myljach

• Advanced Member
  • benelli 2502c
    • View Profile
Re: benelli wiring diagram
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2006, 09:51:40 AM »
Hi, dude! I have diagram for  my benelli 250 2c  1976. two stroke engine if this can help you. I think its the same stuff, depending only if it is made for 6 V or 12V, and with kind of power generator did you have. Before i have problem vith thyristor ignition,in  italian named centralina eletronicca, but I have made my self, and its work fine. If you have some kind of the same problems, and  If you vont diagram for 250 2c, tell me. Good luck

Offline middly

• Advanced Member
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 01:29:51 PM »
gidday mate,thanks for the offer but i have managed to get a diagram from a dude in holland,happy riding bro :D

Offline myljach

• Advanced Member
  • benelli 2502c
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2006, 02:32:19 AM »
sorry, but is too late to say no, I have allready scan from manuel, and I dont know anny other thing to do than publish diagram.  This is for Benelli 250 2c, 1976. Tell if is the same in yor's, and for what do you need it? Are you have a problem vith ignition, or Lights? I'm curious

Offline Panzergranate

• Advanced Member
  • Owner and rider of some of the rarer JAWA / CZs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2007, 11:27:18 PM »
Having helped a friend find his switches in a country road after they fell off one noght, I understand why the old joke Benelli switches being brightly coloured was relavent.

When laughing at Italian electrics, the finger usually is pointing at Benelli. Yep, I've been asked to correct a few Italian bike's charging systems with acr or Japanese components. It is the regulating system that usually burns out the alternator.

During the 1970's the only Italian bike that could run at night in the rain was the Aprillia 125, 150 and 175 singles plus their 250 and 350 twins, the latter I of which I have a well thrashed 79,000 mile version sat in the garage.

A lot of people don't realise that Aprillia started in 1969 making their own version foreign bikes, under licence, in order to avoid the then 60% import tax Italy had in force. These bike had to have a considerable percentage of Italian manufactured parts.

Yes, not all 1970's Italian bikes had bad electrics.

They learnt a lot from this and it shows in their design.

It isn't that difficult to rewire and re-equip an Italian bike with more reliable non-Italian electrical parts.

I'm no Power Ranger!! I'm a genuine spanner welding, engine fxing, bike restoring proper Biker!!