Author Topic: AMAC carb id, info. wanted!  (Read 4278 times)

Offline deepdiver

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
AMAC carb id, info. wanted!
« on: March 30, 2015, 03:32:25 PM »
can any body id the year and application for this amac carb.  18 hyd,       thank you for your time!  deepdiver

Offline cardan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • earlymotor.com
    • Email
Re: AMAC carb id, info. wanted!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 10:08:49 PM »

This model AMAC came out in 1920. The main feature is the pressed metal cover that encircles the mixing chamber. This cover comes in two versions: yours is the type that suits a V twin, as it has gauze-covered air inlets at the sides, but is blank in the straight-ahead position where the fuel bowl sits if the carb is tucked in between the cylinders on a V twin.

Flange mount is a bit unusual, but they came in all configurations. In 1920 AMAC and Brown and Barlow (B&B) dominated the carburettor market, with Binks some way back.

Leon

Offline deepdiver

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 10:29:27 PM »
thanks leon! I have a pre 1910 ohv jap v-twin motor, trying to find out what carb. It may have used!, also missing cam cover  its bronze! thank you again for the help!  deepdiver

Offline cardan

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • earlymotor.com
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 06:27:02 AM »

Pre-1910 carbies are quite hard to find. A good compromise might be a 1910-pattern B&B, quite plentiful compared with the 1909 model, and also an excellent, easy-to-use carburettor.

Cheers

Leon

Offline deepdiver

• Advanced Member
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 12:22:18 PM »
thanks leon, I will look in to b+b carbs. heres a better pic of my motor!  deepdiver